Assistant - Global Engagement Office
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB83,000 to RMB131,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The post holder will work with members in Student Mobility Team in Global Engagement Office to help with the day-to-day operations relating to key stages of the student lifecycle from registration, student records maintenance and reporting, assessment processing and degree conferring etc.
- Bachelor Degree;
- Frequent user of data management function of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and etc.;
- Effective communication skills at all levels with strong oral and written skills in both Chinese and English;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Customer service skills;
- Experience of working in an international setting and/or education organisation;
- Experience of using database system to manage data;
- Understanding the relevant professional, legal and regulatory requirements and code of conduct;
- Database-savvy sense;
- Can-do attitude;
- Team-work oriented;
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Quick learner;
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently both when alone and in a team;
- Ability to define priorities and work flexibly and effectively under pressure to meet demanding and often conflicting deadlines;
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work and ability to manage own workload;
- Ability to work at weekend or during holidays occasionally if requested.
- Master degree;
- Excellent data management and analysis skills;
- Experience of dealing with confidential information;
- Experience of customer service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver student mobility and visa related front line services in rotation and demonstrate or explain the services available to students;
- Receive and respond to everyday inquiries, judging when to forward on to or involve others, and escalating requests outside their knowledge base to appropriate person;
- Work flexibly to ensure peak periods are accommodated and the services are able to adapt with changing demands;
- Reproduce and prepare clearly defined documents typically using standard formats or templates. Ensure that due care and attention is attributed to confidential data and information;
- Manage student mobility data in Campus Solution;
- Support the development and administration of short-term programmes, eg. summer schools;
- Manage international student insurance consulting and claims;
- Support new international students with the provision of visa, pre-arrival, induction and ongoing support;
- Liaise with schools/departments to deal with special cases;
- Provide a statistical service and other information derived from student data for internal and external purposes;
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org