Research Associate in Engineering
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
About the role
- $71K - $95K plus 9.5% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
We seek a highly motivated individual to contribute to research activities in multiscale modelling of reactive flows in ironmaking blast furnace. The project was developed to understand and optimise the multiphase flows in ironmaking blast furnace, supported by an ARC Linkage project.
The position of Postdoctoral Research Associate will be expected to deliver high quality, cross disciplinary research outputs in collaboration with an Australian coal company and a Chinese steel company.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- PhD or equivalent in chemical engineering or mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated track record of independent research published in high quality journals and conferences
- Knowledge and experience in CFD and/or DEM modelling of reactive flows, especially ironmaking blast furnace
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a research team
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Dr Yansong Shen, Senior Lecturer, School Chemical Engineering
T: 9385 4448
Applications close: 24th September 2017