HPC Project Manager
Classification: Senior Manager 1
Salary package: $107,632 to $112,944 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Terms: Continuing (Contingent Funded), Full Time
NCI, an operating unit of The Australian National University is built on and sustained by a formal collaboration of national research organisations, CSIRO, Bureau of Meteorology, Geoscience Australia, and other research-intensive universities. NCI is Australia’s leading national provider of high-end computational and data-intensive services.
The Project Manager will play an important role in planning and scoping projects, identifying resources, tracking and reporting projects, and providing support and guidance to project team members.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager you will:
- Manage projects to tight deadlines and within budget, tracking project milestones and deliverables;
- Develop plans, communication documents, and produce project reports;
- Manage change in scope, identify risks and issues and devise contingency plans; and
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members.
Skills & experience
- Experience in managing complex projects in a scientific organisation and/or government organisation;
- Strong problem solving capacity;
- Experience in planning, monitoring, evaluating and controlling techniques for projects; and
- Strong record of managing people, resources and technology under limited direction, to deliver outcomes.
For enquiries contact: Amanda Walker T: 02 6125 9804 E: Amanda.Walker@anu.edu.au
Closing date: 20 August 2017
Position description: Project Manager-SM1 PD NCI_final270717.DOC
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.