Senior Lab Supervisor/Instructor
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Engineering and Technology
- CQUniversity Bundaberg
- Total Remuneration $97,852 to $107,016 pa,
Your New Division:
With one of the largest and fastest-growing footprints of any university in the country, CQUniversity Australia is on a phenomenal trajectory, with strong growth in student numbers, courses, campuses and accolades. Our expertise lies in the provision of high quality on campus and distance education, allowing us to provide students with learning opportunities regardless of where students are in Australia or the World
Your New Role:
- Supervising the day-to-day operations of a Laboratory which supports school based teaching, research and commercial activities performing associated HR related activities and management of sectional resources. Your focus is will be to support all courses across the disciplines of Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, within the school, and providing instruction and supervision as required for staff and students in the use of laboratory facilities.
- Contributing to the development of teaching material and assessment programs related to technical /research / laboratory components. Integrate discipline specific engineering theory with practice by instruction and assessment during laboratory sessions and projects.
- Managing assigned laboratory facilities and being responsible for activities undertaken within the facility including maintenance and calibration of laboratory systems and equipment. Liaising with Academia to ensure correct timetabling of Laboratories. Maintaining an understanding of all regulatory matters associated with activities performed within the laboratory and advising management about compliance issues.
You Will Be:
- Someone who gains job satisfaction from Collaborating and cooperating with other departments to achieve positive business outcomes.
- Increasing knowledge and skill when circumstances call for additional learning.
- Working within carefully documented policies, procedures and other rules for doing business.
You Will Have:
- Relevant trade and demonstrated technical knowledge and skills necessary to provide senior technical consultancy, instruction and support services. (essential)
- A relevant degree with at least four years subsequent relevant experience; or extensive technical experience and management expertise in a relevant field; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training. (essential)
- Relevant trade qualification/s and licences. (essential)
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32023
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, 24th August 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.