Research Technician in Geological and Planetary Sciences
Under direct supervision of the Lab Manager and Principal Investigator, provide laboratory technical support for Kirschvink lab. Collaborate with lab team to design and repair software and equipment.
- Diagnose technical issues with research equipment.
- Design and install fixes for research equipment.
- Design, fabricate, and install preventative subsystems.
- Design and install new subsystems for automating systems.
- Debug and improve research equipment control software.
- Design and implement new control software features.
- Make 3-D CAD models of equipment to send to colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience with technical duties.
- Knowledge in one or more relevant areas: Human Magnetoreception Experiments, MTJ experiment setup, or 3-D CAD models.
- Physical ability to work in a laboratory environment including: ability to take measurements on and assemble small parts; ability to carry out time-critical procedures during execution of experiment protocols.
• Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, natural sciences, or related field.
- Experience with Labview/C# scanning software, machining parts, and fabricating lab equipment.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 07/26/2017
Posting Close Date 07/31/2017
Open Until Filled No
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.