Programme Managers- ACM Guildford/ACM London
JOB REFERENCE ACMPROGMGR01
ACM is at the forefront of innovative music education, successfully blending outstanding teaching with real industry engagement at all levels. We provide a fast-paced, dynamic and professional work environment as a specialist institution offering a range of HE and FE programs. ACM blends the private sector ethos of forward thinking and business agility with the robust educational frameworks that underpin the best of the public sector.
We currently have a number of exciting new permanent vacancies at ACM. We are looking for Programme Managers responsible for the management and organisation of part/all of a Programme(s). The Programme Manager reporting to the Head of Education is responsible for the day-to-day delivery within a programme to ensure a positive student learning experience, for monitoring and reviewing the quality of teaching within the programme, for achieving programme delivery against key performance indicators and for line managing a designated Senior Programme Officer (SPO) responsible for the administration of the same areas within the Programme(s). The Programme Manager will also monitor student attendance, retention, achievement, progression and award for the programme as well as musical and professional standards in classroom delivery and student performance.
- Line Management of teaching staff
- Accountable for key metrics on their allotted pathways
- Monitor, report and strategise for at-risk students
- Monitoring of teaching & teaching facilities
- Responding to programme and module level feedback
- First stage disciplinary meetings with students
- Involved in strategic discussion about centre/group level issues
- Manage a programme(s) of study
- Understand ACM’s mission, aim and values and to translate those through the development of an industry connected curriculum
- Manage the daily tasks of a Senior Programme Officer
- Support other programme managers across the group, where appropriate
- Support on-going tutor CPD and internal teaching & learning events
- Programme-level self-evaluation reports and action planning
Skills must include:
- A related undergraduate qualification
- A post graduate qualification in a relevant specialism or equivalent experience
- A teaching qualification in Adult / Higher Education or Higher Education Academy Fellowship or a commitment to undertake qualification whilst in post
- 3 years experience of managing Higher or Further Education
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge
- Experience of curriculum design and development
- Experience of supporting undergraduate students
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and reporting skills
- Comfort in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritising and managing time effectively
The salary for this role will align with the University and College Union Higher Education pay scale range from point 42 £45,562 to point 47 £52,793 dependent upon skills and experience.
Closing date for applications is Monday 14th August 2017.
To apply for this role, please download and complete an application form at www.acm.ac.uk/experience/jobs quoting reference ACMPROGMGR01 and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore, we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 28 days of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.