Student Registry Assistant
Closing Date: 8 October 2017
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB83,000 to RMB131,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The post holder will work with members in Student Registry Team in Academic Services Office to help with the day-to-day operations relating to key stages of the student lifecycle from registration, student records maintenance and reporting, assessment processing and degree conferring etc.
- Master’s Degree;
- Frequent user of data management function of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and etc.;
- Effective communication skills at all levels with strong oral and written skills in both Chinese and English;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Customer service skills;
- Experience of working in an international setting and/or education organisation;
- Experience of using database system to manage data;
- Understanding the relevant professional, legal and regulatory requirements and code of conduct;
- Database-savvy sense;
- Can-do attitude;
- Team-work oriented;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Quick learner;
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently both when alone and in a team;
- Ability to define priorities and work flexibly and effectively under pressure to meet demanding and often conflicting deadlines;
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work and ability to manage own workload.
- Excellent data management and analysis skills;
- Experience of dealing with confidential information;
- Experience of customer service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver student registry related front line services in rotation and demonstrate or explain the services available to students;
- Receive and respond to everyday enquiries, judging when to forward on to or involve others, and escalating requests outside their knowledge base to appropriate person;
- Work flexibly to ensure peak periods are accommodated and the services are able to adapt with changing demands;
- Reproduce and prepare clearly defined documents typically using standard formats or templates. Ensure that due care and attention is attributed to confidential data and information;
- Prepare student records for new applicants including new student IDs creation;
- Maintain student records in both University and Ministry of Education (MoE) student management databases. e.g. Suspension, withdrawal, course transfer, name change etc.;
- Process marks and progression recommendations in University student management database;
- Maintain graduation and degree status records and prepare graduation documents (e.g. degree certificates & transcripts) for graduates;
- Manage returning student registrations;
- Issue student status letters and transcript;
- Liaise with school/departments at UNNC and UK/Malaysia campuses to collect, collate, update and circulate student data information;
- Provide a statistical service and other information derived from student data for internal and external purposes;
- Work with other function units within the Office at key points of the academic year (i.e. Graduation, Examination, CET test) in order to ensure a ‘fit for purpose’ administrative support service to all areas of the Office’s work and responsibilities;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as appropriate to the role.
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org