Postdoctoral Fellowship in Law
Sydney Law School
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- Exciting new multidisciplinary research opportunity
- Academic Level A, 3 year fixed term position
The University of Sydney Law School Postdoctoral Fellowship aims to attract an outstanding early career researcher to the University of Sydney to contribute to and enhance the research strengths and culture of the university and the Law School, and to build capacity and collaborative links with the University of Sydney multidisciplinary initiatives.
Sydney is home to a number of multidisciplinary initiatives which bring together talented researchers across diverse disciplines to advance teaching and research objectives in a collaborative environment. These initiatives create thought leadership, delivering research excellence and education opportunities in established and developing areas of strength, across our faculties. The successful candidate will be affiliated with The University of Sydney Law School and one of the multidisciplinary initiatives with which the Sydney Law School has existing collaborative links.
Candidates will be required to provide a description of a proposed research project (they would undertake in the role) and the project’s strategic alignment with the relevant multidisciplinary initiative.
There is one position available for a 3 year fixed term. The successful candidate will be expected to focus on research, however may be required to undertake other duties (e.g. teaching) for up to 0.2FTE.
Essential selection Criteria
- A PhD (in any discipline) awarded (i.e. passed by examiners) prior to the commencement of the fellowship, and in any event no earlier than 1 January 2012 and no later than 1 January 2018;
- An LLB or JD
- A proven track record for innovative and high quality research
- The ability to work collaboratively in a cross disciplinary environment
- The ability to teach into our LLB/JD teaching program
- A proposed research project
- Expertise in or capacity for engagement with external stakeholders such as industry, government, non-governmental organisations, communities and community organisations
Note: this position is open to candidates who require work sponsorship (i.e. those without existing work rights for Australia).
Academic Level A, Step 8 (base salary $96,905) with a total remuneration package of $114,679 including salary, leave loading and superannuation.
Research support of A$15,000 will also be provided in year one of the fellowship. Research support funding in subsequent years of the fellowship may be negotiated subject to project needs.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 10 September 2017 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney