Associate Professor/Head of Social Work
Academic D, $131,191 - $144,530 per annum plus 17% superannuation. This is a full time continuing position.
- Oversee the delivery of high quality education to our undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Join a highly motivated and enthusiastic team
- Located at our Footscray Park campus just 10 minutes from the CBD
About the Role
The AASW-accredited Bachelor of Social Work within the College of Health and Biomedicine at Victoria University prepares students for critical, culturally sensitive professional social work practice. The Social Work Unit aspires to excellence in teaching and research, and maintains strong links with the field. Social Work has a vibrant Field Education program that offers strong support to students and Field Educators and is enabled by innovative online technology.
About the Person
PhD qualified and eligible for membership of the AASW, you will be an experienced academic in the university sector with significant expertise in Social Work practice. A strong leader with excellent communication skills and an established track record of building cohesive and collaborative teams, you will also be capable of contributing to the College research goals. This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step on your academic career path at an innovative university focused on successful outcomes for its students.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- Lead the Social Work staff team
- Oversee the delivery of the Social Work programs
- Ensure that the Social Work programs continue to meet AASW accreditation requirements
- Lead and mentor staff in relation to Social Work research
Skills & Expertise
A full list of selection criteria is available in the Position Description
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Paid study leave
- On-site gym, parking and more!
How to apply:
For a Position Description and to submit an application please visit our website www.vu.edu.au/jobs
Applications must be submitted as a single document comprising;
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description
Please note: Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.