Research Assistant in Biological Sciences
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS) has an international reputation in biotechnology, molecular and cellular biology, and microbiology. Areas of research strength within these fields include proteomics and genomics, gene regulation, metabolism, environmental microbiology and infectious diseases. The Hoehn Lab investigates how cells use nutrients in both normal conditions and disease states. Our overall objective is to determine whether altering cellular nutrient metabolism can prevent or reverse diseases including obesity, cancer, and diabetes.
About the role
- $70,395 - $79,655 plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term for 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Hoehn Lab in BABS is currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Research Assistant to support a project that involves testing novel small molecule drugs in cells and mice.
The position will be based in the BABS at the Kensington campus of UNSW.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Laboratory experience and technical skills in a research field relevant to cellular metabolism and/or animal physiology
- Experience working with cultured cells and/or isolated mitochondria
- Demonstrated experience handling animals and processing animal tissues
- Experience with LC-MS mass spectrometry is a plus
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and a commitment to attend relevant health and safety training
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Associate Professor Kyle Hoehn
T: (61 2) 9385 9399
Applications close: 22 August 2017