Associate Professor in Urban Data and Enterprise Architecture & Applications
The Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) http://www.ntnu.edu/ie invites applications for a full-time 3-years position affiliated with the Department of Computer Science, campus Gløshaugen (http://www.ntnu.edu/idi). The position is to substitute the designated department head, Professor John Krogstie on selected tasks.
Information about the Department
The Department of Computer Science (IDI) has about 200 employees including 31 professors, 34 associate professors, 13 adjunct associate professors, 15 assistant professors, 14 postdoctoral researchers, approximately 90 active ph.d. students and 22 technical/administrative staff. More than 7,000 students study one or more courses at the department each year. IDI has offices in both Trondheim and Gjøvik, and the position described in this announcement will be located in IDI’s office in Gløshaugen, Trondheim. To find out more about the department's research and educational activities please visit https://www.ntnu.edu/idi/research/ and https://www.ntnu.edu/idi/studies/.
Field of research and teaching for the position
The main tasks of the position are to follow up and extend research, teaching, and supervision activities currently performed by the new department head, John Krogstie. Relative to research, the following tasks and activities in the area of Smart Cities are of particular importance:
- FME-ZEN ICT-coordinator and task management https://www.ntnu.no/zen
- SCIL – Smart City infrastructure lab with connections to related research labs both at IDI such as the Telenor-NTNU AI lab and at other departments, and to Wireless Trondheim
- Follow up collaborations relative to Wireless Trondheim Living Lab, that focus on open innovation relative to mobile and ubiquitous services and IoT-based solutions
- Smart Hospital Architecture
- BIA-project on accessible buildings for all with Mazemap
- Support in the follow up of master, PhD and Postdoc positions related to these and other projects in the area of Smart Cities
- Fill an instrumental role in building upon current and recent research projects and initiatives in the area of Smart Cities to establish new research projects and coordinate the project portfolio.
As for teaching, the candidate should expect to take a role in courses such as TDT4175 Information Systems, TDT4252 Enterprise Architecture, and TDT49 Mobile Information Systems.
The applicant should have a PhD in information systems/databases and be familiar with the state-of-the art in Big Data and Enterprise Architecture, with knowledge of Enterprise Modelling being a plus. Relevant research experience as well as experience with handling and coordinating research projects is expected. Expertise in system design and development, urban computing, and/or mobility data related to smart cities applications is particularly relevant. A solid track record of publications and research collaborations is expected. Good communication, mentoring, collaborative, and organizational skills are needed. Experience in applying for and handling external grants and projects, such as on national and European levels (H2020) as well as through other relevant funding sources, will be evaluated positively.
The applicant should be able to work across scientific borders. The activities in many of the listed projects are in collaboration with other departments at the IE-faculty, but also other faculties at NTNU. In particular, many of the existing projects are in collaboration with the AD (Architecture and Design) and IV (Engineering) faculties. Interdisciplinary skills and experience will be valued. Relevant collaboration with industry or the public sector would be beneficial.
Good command of English is necessary. Norwegian/Scandinavian language skills would be a plus.
Applicants who do not master a Scandinavian language must provide evidence of good English language skills, written and spoken. The following tests can be used as such documentation: TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
Minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test)
- IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
- CAE/CPE: grade B or A
The application should contain:
- Application letter describing the applicant’s experience, competence and motivation for applying the position, as well as main research interests
- CV including information pertaining to the given qualifications and a full list of publications with bibliographical references
- Testimonials and certificates
- The most important publications that are relevant for the evaluation of the applicant’s qualifications (maximum 5 publications). A brief description of the scientific/technological relevance of the candidate's research
- Information about educational experience, including development of study programs, curricula, teaching experience and development of teaching methods and the learning environment. (Documentation of an applicant’s pedagogical qualifications: http://www.ntnu.edu/vacancies/pedagogical-qualifications)
- Information about dissemination activities
- Other documents which the applicant would find relevant
Joint works will also be evaluated. If it is difficult to identify the contributions from individuals in a scientific collaboration, applicants are toenclose a short summary of her/his contribution.
NTNU expressively invites applications from qualified female scientists.
Salary will depend on qualification level of the applicant, which is expected to be at least at the level of associate professor.
The position as Associate professor follows code 1011 and is remunerated according to the wage levels above 57 on the Norwegian government state salary scale, with gross salary from NOK 488.900,- a year. 2 % of the salary will be deducted as an obligatory premium to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act, information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have his or her name entered on the list of applicants.
Applications are to be submitted electronically through www.jobbnorge.no.
Preferably, all attachments should be combined into a single file.
Further details about the associate professorship can be obtained from Department Head Professor John Krogstie. Phone: +47 93417551, email: email@example.com.
For information about processing of applications, please contact Senior Executive Officer Anne Kristin Bratseth, Phone (+47) 73596715, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference no: IE-094-2017
Application deadline: 2017-09-01
About this job
- Deadline Friday, September 1, 2017
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 140772
- Internal ID IE-094-2017
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!