Postdoctoral Fellow in Antibiotic Resistance
4 days left
- Full Time
DEPARTMENT of BIOCHEMISTRY
As a postdoctoral fellow within the Department of Biochemistry, you will carry out research for a project funded by the Health Research Council (HRC) of New Zealand entitled “Unmasking genes for antibiotic resistance in a superbug”.
Key tasks include:
* Carrying out research contributing to the successful completion of the research project.
* Maintaining detailed records of the research.
* Manuscript preparation.
* Assisting with supervision of laboratory members working on the same research project.
Your skills and experience:
* A PhD in molecular microbiology or a closely related discipline.
* Highly computer literate.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Evidence of research productivity, as indicated by publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals.
Experience of bacterial genome analysis would be highly advantageous.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position for three years.
How to apply
Applications quoting reference number 1701362 will close on Friday, 25 August 2017.
To view all current vacancies and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1701362
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.