Assistant Manager of Emergency Medical Services, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
sustainability@BU, Boston University’s award-winning sustainability office is expanding!
sustainability@BU is a data-driven organization. This is an unparalleled opportunity to build on that data-driven foundation to help advance sustainability at Boston University. The successful candidate will have an underlying understanding about climate change and have a passion for sustainability. You will report to the Director, and collaborate closely with the Assistant Director for Sustainability, Energy Analyst, Facilities Management & Planning and many other departments across the University. This position will support the effort to improve operational performance and enhance institutional decision-making to meet the University’s sustainability goals and climate commitments. You will be responsible for collecting data, assuring data integrity, managing, analyzing, and reporting the multiple elements of the University’s environmental footprint to stakeholders and across the framework provided by AASHE’s Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System (STARS).
If you’re a data-driven, tenacious collaborator, and an expert communicator, this position is for you!
B.A./B.S. required, Masters preferred. Three to five years’ experience.
- An understanding of sustainability issues, metrics, and tradeoffs.
- Experience working with energy, greenhouse gas emissions, and/or sustainability data.
- Familiarity with the World Resources Institute’s Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
- Excel power user.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills.
- A data-driven self-starter and collaborator who demonstrates strong analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking, and project management skills.
- Experience in science, computer science, engineering, finance, or business related field preferred.
- Experience working in higher education, using the Campus Carbon Calculator/Sustainability Indicator Management and Analysis Platform (SIMAP), and AASHE STARS.
- Experience in the following programs and languages a plus:
- Statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python)
- Database querying languages (e.g. SQL)
- Predictive analysis techniques and tools (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R)
- Data visualization and communication tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States