Postdoctoral Fellow in Behavioral Neuroscience
Postdoctoral Fellow in Behavioral Neuroscience School Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Organismic and Evolutionary Biology
We seek a postdoctoral fellow to join the laboratory of Benjamin de Bivort in the Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology and Center for Brain Science at Harvard University, Cambridge MA. A major focus of the lab is discovering the mechanistic underpinnings of individual differences in behavior. Of particular interest is behavioral variation within genotypes of Drosophila melanogaster. To study this, we use custom, automated, high-throughput behavioral instruments in conjunction with the modern toolkit of systems neuroscience, including optogenetics, genetic and circuit-mapping, and optical physiology. Specifically, we have external funding to pursue individual-level correlates of behavioral biases. We aim to predict individual behavioral tendencies from measurable brain phenomena like calcium responses and neuronal morphologies, features we are provisionally calling “loci of individuality.”
A successful applicant would have:
• Ph.D. in circuits or systems neuroscience, experimental biophysics, or neureothology.
learning/data science, model system genetics.
• A solid track record of scientific publications and conference presentations
• More than one of the following skills set: Calcium optophysiology, 2-photon or light-sheet microscopy, electrophysiology, custom instrumentation/fabrication, computational image analysis, statistics/machine
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
1. Cover letter outlining your interests and suitability for the position
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Up to three examples of published papers
5. Names and contact information of 3 references.
It is recommended that you contact Prof. Ben de Bivort to discuss your potential fit in the lab before submitting an application .
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Number of References Required 3 Maximum Number of References Allowed Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Publication 2
- Publication 3