Assistant Marketing Director
4 days left
- Full Time
Description of Work Unit
The Colorado State University Department of Athletics sponsors 16 men’s and women’s intercollegiate sports and competes as a member of the NCAA Division I-FBS and the Mountain West Conference. The University is located in Fort Collins, Colorado, 65 miles north of Denver. More information on the University and its intercollegiate athletics program can be found at www.csurams.com and www.colostate.edu.
The Assistant Marketing Director, in conjunction with the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing, is responsible for developing creative marketing programs and activities which cultivate interest, support and revenue for Colorado State Athletics. This individual will oversee marketing initiatives, ticket sales and game production for the sports of Soccer, Women’s Basketball and Softball with a key focus on maximizing ticket revenue, increasing fan attendance and enhancing the Colorado State Athletics brand. This individual will oversee the youth fan organization, Cam’s Club, growing it and providing a great member experience. This individual will assist with the marketing operations and events for Football, Men’s Basketball and other sport programs as well as collaborate on student engagement activities.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, advertising, communications, journalism, creative design or any other field related to job duties and responsibilities
- Minimum of one year of marketing experience, preferably in intercollegiate athletics
- Knowledge of key marketing principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on projects individually, as well as within a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Proficiency with technology and social media
- Ability to provide leadership, oversight and guidance to Cam’s Club
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience in graphic design preferred
Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse community and advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Program Management Duty/Responsibility
- Oversee marketing initiatives, ticket sales and game production for the sports of soccer, women’s basketball and softball
- Focus on maximizing ticket revenue, increasing fan attendance and enhancing the Colorado State Athletics brand
- Assist with developing creative marketing programs and activities which cultivate interest and support from University groups, the community and local businesses
- Assist with marketing operations and events for football, men’s basketball and other sport programs as assigned
Percentage Of Time 50 Job Duty Category Engagement Duty/Responsibility
- Serve as the lead for the youth fan organization, Cam’s Club and develop and enhance the program as well as increase membership
- Assist with campus marketing and student engagement strategies that grow student involvement and affinity with Colorado State Athletics as well as increase student attendance at athletic events
- Collaborate with Assistant Director of Community Outreach to identify opportunities for student-athletes and coaches to make community appearances that drive fan interaction, program awareness and overall goodwill
Percentage Of Time 30 Job Duty Category Collaboration and Communication Duty/Responsibility
- Collaborate with the video staff, other athletic department entities, Rams Sports Properties (Learfield, Inc.), the marching band and spirit squad on game day scripts and presentation of the game experience as it relates to the in-game environment
- Work closely with the department’s Digital Media Strategist as well as the communications unit to effectively promote sports through social media and other media channels
Percentage Of Time 20
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested persons are encouraged to submit a letter of application, a complete resume addressing the position’s specific qualifications and responsibilities and contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact CSU Athletics Department, email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.