3 days left
- Full Time
Description of Work Unit
The mission of the Registrar’s Office is to provide leadership and service in student enrollment and academic record management that supports the recruitment, retention and graduation goals of Colorado State University.
The purpose of this Web Developer position is to use technology to solve business problems, improve existing business processes and deliver dynamic web based services to students, staff and faculty.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or four years of professional programming experience.
- Professional experience with web application development, object-oriented programming, SQL programming, and relational database systems.
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated in application materials.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Application and Web Development experience with C# and ASP.NET.
- Experience with database management systems (such as Oracle and/or SQL server).
- Demonstrated analytical skills to efficiently comprehend requirements and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Proficiency in the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies i.e. thorough application testing and requirements gathering.
- Developed and presented user and technical documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with strong interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrable experience building accessible websites that meet the most current version of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) published by the W3C.
- Knowledge/experience with:
- User interfaces and interactive deliverables that perform well both on mainstream devices and with assistive technology
- Semantic and ARIA mark-up elements
- Product accessibility testing continuously through all development stages
- Troubleshooting, revising, and updating websites encumbered by legacy code accessibility constraints.
Demonstrated knowledge of, and relevant ability with, culturally diverse communities among potential target and constituent populations.
Job Duty Category Tools Duty/Responsibility
Percentage Of Time 30 Job Duty Category Analysis Duty/Responsibility
Provide analysis and programming support for existing Student Information System programs by designing, updating, developing, testing, debugging, implementing and maintaining changes as needed so they comply with the ongoing business needs of the Registrar.
Percentage Of Time 25 Job Duty Category Development Duty/Responsibility
Develop technology solutions by gathering the requirements from the end-user and reviewing the existing set of standards and guidelines available in the University technology environment and existing practices and University policies.
Percentage Of Time 15 Job Duty Category Application Management Duty/Responsibility
Manage a variety of aspects in our applications, including data maintenance, system configuration, building reports, creating forms, designing workflows, managing communication flow, user account administration, etc.
Percentage Of Time 10 Job Duty Category Documentation Duty/Responsibility
Write and publish user and technical documentation for all applications and reports developed.
Percentage Of Time 5 Job Duty Category Technology Duty/Responsibility
Recommend new technologies and strategies that will improve work processes, advance the goals of the university, and convert legacy applications as needed. Responsible for full system life cycle development.
Percentage Of Time 5 Job Duty Category Diversity Duty/Responsibility
Reflect departmental and institutional values, advancing the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Percentage Of Time 5 Job Duty Category Other duties Duty/Responsibility
Other duties as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 5
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, please apply by 8/06/2017, 11:59 pm (MST). Cover letter and resume must address all minimum and preferred qualifications. Please provide the names and contact information including email for three professional references. References can be contacted at any time during the search process but usually candidates are notified in advance.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Lori Woodruff; Lori.Woodruff@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.