The successful candidate will join the administrative support team in the Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences. Duties include supporting social science faculty members (tasks such as coordinating calendars, arranging travel, organizing meetings and conferences, formatting and proofing documents) and assisting with division administrative tasks (such as administering faculty job searches, arranging division seminars).
- Provide administrative and organizational support for assigned faculty members.
- Coordinate and assist in day-to-day business operations, such as maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings and appointments, using web related tools, etc.
- Format and proof documents, research papers, or manuscripts as needed.
- Plan and coordinate special events such as seminars, meetings, and conferences; duties may include, but not be limited to, organizing event logistics, lodging, travel, catering, facilities, etc.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries; process expense reports, reimbursements, and payment requests; assist with logistics associated with domestic or international travel.
- Provide administrative support in job searches for academic positions, which includes, assisting committee chairperson, coordinating on-campus visits, processing travel reimbursements, and fielding questions from prospective candidates.
- Assist in preparing or copying classroom materials.
- Reconciling funds to maintain accurate balances for experiments.
- Other duties as required.
- AA degree or equivalent with three or more years of administrative experience.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize tasks, exercise good judgment, work both independently and in a team environment, maintain accuracy and multi-task assignments effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communications skills necessary to interface with faculty, students, and visitors in a professional manner.
- Must be conscientious, detail-oriented, and proactive delivering high quality services under minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with making travel arrangements and processing travel expense reports.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience working in an academic division or department.
- Familiarity with Caltech and its systems, procedures and policies.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 07/20/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.