Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Media
4 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of the Arts and Media teaches undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Creative Writing, English, Film, Media, Music, and Theatre and Performance Studies.
Our academic staff, all with international profiles, are leaders in their fields and the School is top-ranked nationally not only in the Performing Arts, Literary Studies and Creative Writing, but also Film, Television and Digital Media.
About the role
2 positions available, 1 position will be at Lecturer Level, and 1 position will be at Lecturer/Senior Lecturer level.
- Level B: $103,047 - $121,478 pa plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading
- Level B/C: $103,047 - $143,593 plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading
Post is available from January 2018.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a strong national and international profile and specialised expertise in one or more of the following areas: digital ethnography; data-driven media research methods; digital literacies; algorithmic cultures; gender and digital media cultures; and, digital technologies and the media industries.
- Experience and/or capacity to teach large courses at introductory level in an area of media theory or practice in a tertiary institution.
- A PhD in a relevant field from a recognised institution and an excellent track record of research in an area of digital media cultures.
- For appointment at Senior Lecturer, you will require substantial successful PhD supervision experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr Brigid Costello, Media Program Convenor
T: (61 2) 9385 6805
Applications close: 25 August 2017