Internships and Academic Coordinator
Program and Student Services
CAPA The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, global connections via technology and collaborative learning communities, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world. CAPA The Global Education Network is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Buenos Aires, Dublin, Florence, Sydney, London and Shanghai.
CAPA Global Education Network runs tailored study abroad academic programs for university students from a diverse range of partner institutions in the USA. In addition to administering all aspects of study abroad programs from seminars and lectures to housing, transport and educational excursions, CAPA also offer students the opportunity to undertake unpaid internships during their semester in Sydney.
The Internships & Academic Coordinator position reports to the Director of Academic Affairs and the Director of Program and Student Services. The role requires significant collaboration as part of a small team within the CAPA Sydney Centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following business functions:
- Course scheduling, CANVAS course preparation & maintenance in Salesforce, class logistics and faculty and Head Office communication.
- Assisting faculty with field class arrangements.
- Administration of student course enrolment, class attendance, and end of semester course grade administration.
- Serve as first line of advising support for students who have questions or concerns regarding the academic component of their program experience.
- Key support person for the academic support needs of visiting faculty who are participating on custom programs.
- Identifying, matching and placing students into quality internships, and oversight of all relevant internship documentation.
- Provide follow-up supervision and act as an on-site advisor for issues relating to student internships.
- Articulating the value of experiential education in formal and informal contexts.
- Identifying and securing new partnerships together with maintaining and strengthening current partnerships to provide quality internship opportunities for the CAPA Sydney programs.
- Maintaining intern and site databases professionally and accurately.
- Assisting in the continued development and streamlining of effective work practices in the area of internship placements.
- Key contact for custom programs which include internships, with responsibility for placement of students enrolled on these programs.
Other Areas of Support:
- Providing assistance with the delivery of Arrival & Orientation programs and participation in program events when students are in country.
- Periodical responsibility for the emergency phone – a role shared between 3 staff members.
- This position is best suited to someone familiar with the tertiary education sector, possibly having worked in an academic administration or student services role. You will be degree qualified with successful relevant early career experience.
- Candidates must have excellent administrative skills, attention to detail, accuracy and time management.
- Excellent personal and interpersonal skills with an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work calmly under pressure and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Knowledgeable about Sydney and Australian culture.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with CANVAS or similar online learning platform
- Legal right to work in Australia.
Hours of Work
This is a full-time role. Weekend and evening work is sometimes required, and flexibility with hours is essential.
How to Apply
If you’re looking for an exciting career opportunity, e-mail your CV and cover letter with salary requirements to:firstname.lastname@example.org(please write in the subject line: "Internships and Academic Coordinator").