Lecturer in Music
2 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of the Arts and Media teaches undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Creative Writing, English, Film, Media, Music, and Theatre and Performance Studies.
Our academic staff, all with international profiles, are leaders in their fields and the School is top-ranked nationally not only in the Performing Arts, Literary Studies and Creative Writing, but also Film, Television and Digital Media.
About the role
- $103,047 - $121,478 pa plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading
An outstanding and versatile pianist is required to lead classical music performance teaching. The incumbent will contribute to teaching in music performance and other relevant music courses, leadership of the Creative Practice (Performance) stream of the Bachelor of Music, and the supervision of Honours and higher degree research students.
Post is available from January 2018.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- An outstanding track record of publication and/or creative work in a relevant area of music performance as a pianist.
- Teaching experience in a tertiary institution and a PhD or other Doctoral qualification in a relevant field from a recognised institution
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Associate Professor Manolete Mora
T: (61 2) 9385 7163
Applications close: 25 August 2017