Editor - Online Publication
6 days left
- Full Time
School of the Arts and Media, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of the Arts and Media teaches undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Creative Writing, English, Film, Media, Music, and Theatre and Performance Studies.
Our academic staff, all with international profiles, are leaders in their fields and the School is top-ranked nationally not only in the Performing Arts, Literary Studies and Creative Writing, but also Film, Television and Digital Media.
About the role
- Level 8, $102,567 - $115,564 pa plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The successful applicant will edit and manage the School’s new in-house online publication and support and enable its use as a platform for student learning, engagement and professional development. Drawing upon substantial professional expertise as a journalist and editor, the appointee will be expected to provide hands-on demonstration and relevant industry experience for students in the Bachelor and Master of Media degrees
Post is available from January 2018.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- have good technical skills in the digital and online areas and a capacity to manage the newsroom.
- compatibility for working within a learning environment.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr Brigid Costello, Media Program Convenor
T: (61 2) 9385 6805
Applications close: 25 August 2017