Lecturer in Screen Production
3 days left
- Full Time
( Documentary and Non-Fiction Film)
School of the Arts and Media, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of the Arts and Media teaches undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Creative Writing, English, Film, Media, Music, and Theatre and Performance Studies.
Our academic staff, all with international profiles, are leaders in their fields and the School is top-ranked nationally not only in the Performing Arts, Literary Studies and Creative Writing, but also Film, Television and Digital Media.
About the role
- $103,047 - $121,478 per annum, plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading
The successful applicant will provide leadership in the design and implementation of screen production courses in the Bachelor of Media (Screen and Sound Production) and the Film Studies Major in the Bachelor of Arts. The successful applicant will also supervise Honours and Higher Degree students and develop the profile and reputation of the School in the area of documentary and non-fiction screen production.
Post is available from January 2018
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have extensive documentary and/or non-fiction screen production industry experience in one or more of: editing, directing, cinematography, and screenwriting.
- Teaching experience in a tertiary institution and a PhD or equivalent professional standing
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor George Kouvaros
T: (61 2) 9385 4861
Applications close: 25 August 2017