Assistant professor - College of Engineering
Shantou University invites applications for positions of all ranks of Academic Leader, Top-tier Talent, and Excellent Young Assistant Professor
About Shantou University
Shantou University, founded in 1981, is a comprehensive university jointly supported by the Ministry of Education, the Guangdong Provincial Government and the Li Ka Shing Foundation, and is the only public university in the world that receives long-term funding from the Li Ka Shing Foundation. The University campus is located in Shantou, a seaside city, covering a total area of 1.26 square kilometers with a floor space of 568,000 m2.
The University consists of 8 colleges and schools, namely, College of Science, College of Engineering, Medical College, Business School, Law School, Cheung Kong School of Art and Design, Cheung Kong School of Journalism and Communication，and College of Liberal Arts.
In September 2013, the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and Shantou University signed a Memorandum of Understanding for jointly establishing Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), an institution of higher learning in Shantou. In December 2016, the Ministry of Education approved the formal establishment of the Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT).
Since 2015, STU has been twice ranked within Nos. 601-800 in the “Times Higher Education World University Rankings”, being the only Chinese mainland university founded after 1980 that enters the list.
About College of Engineering
The College of Engineering offers five undergraduate programs of Civil Engineering, Computer Sciences and Technology, Electronic and Information Engineering, Communication Engineering, and Mechanical Design & Manufacturing and Automation, as well as Master and Ph.D. degree programs with a total of over 1700 undergraduate and graduate students, and 130 faculty and staff.
The faculty position openings are in the following areas:
Data Science and Big data
Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
Position: Excellent Young Assistant Professor
Qualification: Ph.Ds from top universities or research institutes; Postdoctor; Researcher; Excellent young scholar.
Annual Salary: ¥350,000/year
Research Funding: ¥500,000
Housing Allowance: ¥200,000
- Exceptionally excellent faculty can also apply for the “STU Outstanding Talents Funding Project”, which offers a university-level funding of ¥80,000-300,000 per year.
- For the newly recruited faculty who are with doctoral degrees as well as senior and vice-senior professional titles, Shantou University will offer their spouses without jobs each a subsidy of ¥2,000 per month.
- For International faculties, the University provides one annual round-trip ticket from the candidate’s residency to Shantou, free housing, paid vacations, medical benefits, and Chinese holidays.
- A variety of on-campus housing is available for renting.
- Shantou University will offer relocation expenses ¥50,000 for the new faculty.
Interested individuals should provide an updated CV with a cover letter outlining his or her interests in and qualifications and three reference letters written by prestigious academic scholars at home and abroad.
Please send the application to:
243 Da Xue Road, Shantou University, Shantou, Guangdong, China 515063
For more information about Shantou University, please visit http://www.stu.edu.cn/