Human Resources Consultant
- True HR generalist positions supporting a diverse and interesting organisation
- Convenient Eastern Suburbs location with onsite parking and express buses from Sydney CBD
- 12 month fixed term
UNSW Sydney is currently implementing a ten year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
The Human Resources Client Services team is at the heart of the people function at UNSW and we are responsible for the delivery of strategic and operational HR support for all our employees. Our team leads the way in providing advice and support to our Leaders across UNSW faculties and divisions, we partner with the HR centres of expertise in ensuring all UNSW employees are supported in delivering the 2025 strategy.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team and working with Leaders in their academic fields who make a real difference. It’s why we love coming to work each day!
About the Role
- 12 months fixed term
- $$90,399 - $113,856 plus 9.5% super
- High performing team
We are seeking a experienced HR Consultant to join our team and work with the HR Manager to support the educations and development of staff and manager capability in all HR matter. This is a pivotal role where you will be supporting workplace change processes along with day to day HR queries.
Key areas of focus will be around:
- Supporting the 2025 Strategy in the respective faculty with various people projects and initiatives with a focus on change support and implementation
- Leading and assisting the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Providing generalist HR advice and assistance to clients and managing complex issues such as workforce planning, workplace change, staff complaints, performance management with minimal direction
- Effectively assist Leaders with remuneration initiatives including job analysis, position evaluation and reclassification processes
- Supporting the HR Manager in the review, development and implementation of innovative and creative HR strategies and programs to build capability either within the client group or on an organisational level
- Using your project and change management skills to influence and support Leaders in delivery the 2025 Strategy at the faulty level
You don’t necessarily need to have a background in higher education. We are looking for HR generalists with resilience and an energetic and innovative approach to business partnering.
You will have a track record of providing meaningful HR advice, a passion for delivering outstanding services, you’re a great communicator and you know how to build authentic & value adding relationships at all levels.
We know you’ll have the following;
- A relevant Degree with extensive HR experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in interpreting legislation and Industrial Agreements together with policy and procedure to provide effective HR advice and solutions for client groups
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise and control workload
- A strong customer service focus, a flexible and adaptable attitude and an ability to build effective relationships with managers and staff at all levels in the resolution of HR issues.
- Proven ability to influence senior management and stakeholders as appropriate to ensure successful outcomes.
- Ability to apply judgement, creativity and flexibility to generate new and innovative ideas and approaches and to solve complex problems.
- Well-developed project management skills
This is an exciting time to join UNSW and be part of a team that shapes the direction for our future success by partnering with our faculties and divisions to provide superior high quality HR advice. Your relationship building and organisational skills coupled with your strong attention to detail will support and complement a HR Function which is driving change.
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Please note all documentation must be in pdf format.
Please apply with an up to date resume (PDF format)
Talent Acquisition Consultant, UNSW Sydney
Closing date: Please note there is no formal closing date for these opportunities. We encourage expressions of interest/applications as soon as practicable; potential start dates are negotiable for successful candidates.