Strategic Information and Business Intelligence
Institutional Analytics & Planning
Office of the Provost & Deputy Vice Chancellor
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience coordinating projects
- Full time fixed term till end March 2018, possibility of 1 year extension
- Remuneration package: $97K p.a. which includes a base salary Level 6 ($82K p.a.), leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Delivery Manager, Business Intelligence, the incumbent will coordinate Capital projects (planning, direction, implementation and completion) under the guidance of the Delivery Manager and Director, ensuring alignment with university and IAP strategy, commitments and goals. These projects will all, to varying degrees, have impacts in other areas of the University. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for tracking project deliverables and delivering consistency through effective quality assurance processes and adherence to the Scrum Framework. In this role you will be expected to apply technical and project management experience and know how to effectively coordinate and deliver agreed to projects.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Project Coordinator who possesses:
- a degree in related field or applicable combination of professional qualifications and extensive experience
- demonstrated excelent organistional skills, and motivated to deliver results.
- demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work accurately with attention to detail while managing multiple tasks, and prioritising effectively to meet deadlines
- understanding of Agile development and project management principles
- sound understanding of BI best practices and experience working on a BI projects/programs
- excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Excel, MS Word and a range of Software Applications.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australias first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For enquiries about the position, please contact Alex Crossley, Business Intelligence Delivery Manager on +61 2 9114 2340 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the recruitment process, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Megan Payne on +61 2 8627 1217 or email@example.com
All professional staff employed by the University of Sydney must have the right to work in Australia. An employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates holding their own Visa are not eligible to apply.
If you would like to learn more, please refer to the Candidate Information Pack for the position description and further details.
Please note: Not all selection criteria needs to be addressed in your application. Please preview the application form below to determine which criteria need to be addressed.
Closing date: 5pm 31 July 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.