Scientific, Research and Development Worker
Description of work activities:
The position is focused on research in the field of experimental plant biology. It is expected that the candidate will be a part of a research team with a separate subproject. The candidate will conduct research in an international quality using the methods to study (a) growth response to stress factors, (b) photosynthesis, (c) secondary metabolites, and (d) ecophysiology of growth and plant production from polar and alpine areas. Requirement for the candidate is a flexibility in the use of different experimental and cultivation methods, knowledge of basic methods of mathematical and statistical data processing and the ability to produce outputs of scientific work including publication in international journals.
- University education of a biological direction
- Ph.D. degree
- Prerequisite for independent and team scientific work including publication activity
- The ability to work individually and work in a wider professional group
- active knowledge of English
- civil and moral integrity
The Applicant (Candidate) submits (in both electronic and physical form)
- Curriculum vitae, including a summary of work experience, publishing, teaching, involvement in research grants,
- Evidence of completed doctoral studies
- A letter of motivation, in which it clarifies its interest in gaining a position,
- As a part of the application, an abstract of a short presentation (5 min) focused on the current professional activity of the candidates (s) will be supplied. Presentation will be presented as a part of the admission interview.
- At least one recommendation letter from a person who is familiar with the current professional activity of the candidate
Salary classification according to the Masaryk University guidelines.
The applications must be submitted and contain: structured curriculum vitae, photocopies of qualification papers, an overview of scientific and publishing activities, and the recommendation of at least one professional guarantor. The applications must be sent not later than 30 days since the publication of the advertisement to the Personnel Department of the MU Faculty of Science, Kotlářská 2, 61137 Brno (email@example.com).