Program Leader in Business
As a private provider of Higher Education programs, the Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC) offers comprehensive and innovative tertiary programs at Bachelor and Master levels. Students enjoy a unique and personalised learning experience studying through external learning.
The Institute has recently received approval to commence delivering a Bachelor of Business and is seeking applications from experienced Business academic staff for the position of Program Leader – Business. The Bachelor of Business will be offered under the College of Leadership and Business (www.colab.edu.au) brand name with the Program Leader position coordinating the delivery and assessment of business higher education programs and services. The position oversees the Business academic team and also works closely with the CEO, Accreditation Manager and administration team.
The Program Leader – Business position is a stimulating role covering academic co-ordination and administration, while retaining hands-on teaching responsibilities. The position is uniquely positioned to enhance the academic standards and services offered to distance learning students of the Institute.
Based at the Institute's Higher Education campus in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, the position is permanent full-time (with 6 months' probation). Days and hours of work are Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The main responsibilities undertaken by the Program Leader – Business include:
- Overseeing teaching and assessment for business higher education programs.
- Coordinating the lecturing team and inspiring excellent academic standards.
- Liaising effectively with lecturers and students.
- Ensuring subjects are developed, delivered and assessed in accord with approved subject outlines.
- Ensuring academic service standards are implemented and maintained.
- Planning and overseeing the development of further academic orientation, and academic support services and tools.
- Ensuring academic administrative processes are undertaken and documented (such as course and subject review processes, moderation, and educational improvements).
- Monitoring feedback and student outcomes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Overseeing various academic committees and ensuring relevant feedback and decisions of these committees are implemented.
- Contributing to strategic and operational planning processes in relation to the ongoing development of Business higher education courses and services.
To perform effectively in this role, successful applicants will have:
- A recognised PhD or professional Doctorate in Business, or a closely related field.
- Academic experience and contributions representative of an Academic Level C
- Ability to manage, teach and administer the successful delivery of tertiary programs.
- Experience in the development of higher education course and subject curricula.
- Experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of academic administrative processes.
- Ability to liaise, negotiate and collaborate with both internal and external parties.
- Continuing professional development in a relevant field.
- Eligible for membership of a relevant industry association.
To apply, please submit a short Application Letter addressing the information listed above and Curriculum Vitae by Friday, 21st July 2017.
*Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any questions prior to making applications please contact Priya Ghai, HR Coordinator on 07 3112 2000.