Professor in Teacher Education
- The Learning Sciences Institute Australia hosts a team of eminent researchers and international scholars
- Contribute to the development of scholarship, research and professional activities of the institute
- Full time, fixed term 5 year role based in Brisbane
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Learning Sciences Institute Australia (LSIA) is a national research institute with research focused on 21st Century learning, student diversity, innovation and engagement. LSIA provides a forum for researchers, scholars, policy makers and practitioners to collaborate and share evidence-based knowledge to address barriers to achievement and learning engagement faced by young people. Further information about the Institute can be found at: www.lsia.acu.edu.au
As Professor in Teacher Education you will work within a high performing research team of senior, internationally recognised scholars and contribute to large-scale mixed method longitudinal research examining the quality and impact of teacher education on student learning as well as the impact of policy changes on the teaching workforce.
To be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- A PhD in initial teacher education with specialist focus in any of the following: professional practice, ITE curriculum, pedagogy, assessment, educational psychology and measurement, and professional standards
- A sustained strong track record of research achievement in teacher education research
- The ability to work individually and in research teams to deliver shared goals and meet deadlines
- success in the leadership of a research team or academic administrative unit.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description Professor in Teaching Education.pdf . Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $208,070 pa, including salary component $176,678pa (Academic Level E), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor Claire Wyatt-Smith, Director, Learning Sciences Institute Australia on (07) 3623 7112.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 30 August 2017
Advertised: 12 Jul 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Aug 2017 E. Australia Standard Time