IT SERVICES CENTRE, STRATEGY AND PLANNING SERVICES
SALARY: COMPETITIVE MARKET RATE
Reporting to the Lead Architect working within the IT Architecture team, this position co-ordinates multi-disciplinary teams across the IT Services Centre to deliver Solution Architecture services. The role is responsible for the application of common processes to ensure solutions are designed and implemented in a best-practice manner to meet business outcomes.
The successful applicant will demonstrate an ability to lead architecture activities and make recommendations on broad, complex architecture decisions within a defined governance structure (including a Technical Design Authority and an Architectural Advisory Board). Key to this is the ability to work closely with business areas, understanding business strategy and objectives and communicating in business terms.
The role is required to deliver a wide range of Architecture services. Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting business areas in the development of business initiatives; including architectural reviews, 3rd party due diligence assessments & solution approach assessments.
- Identification, scoping and validation of solutions (considering broader implications of design decisions) against established architectural strategy and standards to determine what enterprise changes may be required to address a business opportunity or problem.
- Conducting current and future state architectural/technology assessment for investment roadmaps and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Conceptualising, planning, designing and implementing complete and integrated architectures that support the development and delivery of the technology roadmap aligned to the University’s Strategic Plan.
The successful applicant will ideally have;
- Experience in a similar role.
- Experience with the TOGAF 9.1 framework.
- Experience working with Orbus iServer as an architectural repository.
- Background in application / system development, management and support.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, ongoing position attracts a competitive market salary, plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Future Staff website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call David POLINELLI on (08) 6304 3690 for more information.
How to Apply
All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence. Interested applicants should forward a word format resume and cover letter (not more than 3 pages) outlining their suitability as it relates to the key responsibilities and experience listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 23rd July 2017 at 11:30pm.
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.