Research Assistant/Associate Professor in Date Palm Tissue Culture
7 days left
- Full Time
Environmental Science Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The Environment Science Center (ESC) Qatar University is theoldest research institute in the State of Qatar hosting national andinternational scholars equipped with cutting-edge technologies conductingresearch at the different components of the unique natural ecosystem of thecountry. As part of the endeavor to expand its research spectrum, the Center isseeking the expertise of a research assistant/associate professor in tissueculture (mainly date palms) to join its team as of February 2018.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will be mainly responsible for :
- Supervise the establishment of the tissue culture laboratory at the center and equipment procurement,
- Directly involve in molecular biology procedures, plant tissue culture and genetic transformation.
- Designing and carrying out experiments independently,
- Sampling plant tissue cultures for molecular and/or biochemical analysis, and detailed record keeping.
- Keep complete, accurate and timely records of experimental data and procedures;
- Help in hiring the research assistants and technicians of his laboratory,
- Teach courses in his field of research if needed.
- Ph.D. in plant biotechnology, plant genetics or microbiology
- At least three years of experience with similar work environment
- Direct experience in date palm tissue culture
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private healthcare and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.