Associate Professor in Educational Studies
- Join a Faculty acknowledged in the sector as a leader in learning and teaching
- A supportive learning environment with innovative virtual and physical teaching spaces
- Full time, continuing role based in either Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Ballarat or Canberra
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Education and Arts hosts the National School of Education, the National School of Arts, the LaSalle Academy and three vibrant, multidisciplinary research institutes: the Learning Sciences Institute of Australia, the Institute for Religion, Politics and Society, and the Institute for Social Justice.
The National School of Education Is the largest provider of Teacher Education in Australia with a national focus and infrastructure across seven campuses in five states. It has rich contextual knowledge of different jurisdictions and their varying requirement s and the capacity to deliver to talented, diverse and dispersed student cohorts through connectivity to educational partners and networks both nationally and internationally.
As Associate Professor, Educational Studies you will:
- apply the psychology of learning and teaching to learning environments and teacher practice
- contribute to the leadership of the National Education Studies discipline team
- provide leadership in the teaching of Education Studies in both undergraduate and graduate entry initial teacher education programs
- lead the development of the Faculty’s profile in the relevant discipline area, research performance and reputation.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- a PhD in a relevant disciplinary field
- a teaching qualification, experience in school settings and teaching experience in higher education
- experience in the integration of ICT and teaching and learning and the application of learning technologies
- experience in original research/scholarship evidenced by achievements such as publications and research attracting external funding.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description here Assoc Prof, Educational Studies PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $161,833-$178,148 pa, including salary component $137,159-$151,103 pa (Academic Level D), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor Elizabeth Labone, National Head of School of Education, on (02) 9701 4130 or Elizabeth.Labone@acu.edu.au.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 16 August
Advertised: 05 Jul 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 16 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time