- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Kirby Institute is the major research body in Australia with responsibility for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of HIV/AIDS. It is also responsible for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of other blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections.
About the role
- $101K-$113K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term for 2 years
- Full-time (35 hours a week)
The position of Statistician/Epidemiologist is to plan, develop and coordinate systems for the conduct of statistical analyses to support the implementation studies of the role out or pre-exposure prophylaxis for the prevention of HIV, including EPIC- NSW, PREPIT WA, and related studies.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- High level conceptual, design and analytical database and statistical skills across diverse and challenging data sets.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, manage and undertake complex data collection and analytical research projects.
- High level experience in data analysis, including experience using STATA or a similar statistical program and reporting skills. Experience with data linkage is desirable.
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications in biostatistics and epidemiology, or equivalent level of related work experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Professor Andrew Grulich, Program Head, HEPP
T: (61 2) 9385 0900
Applications close: 26 July 2017