Assistant /Associate Professor in Physical Therapy
College of Health Sciences
The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as a department within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar and offers undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition and public health, as well as graduate programs; (MSc) in biomedical science and master of public health (MPH).
In alignment with Qatar Vision 2030, our mission is to develop competent graduates duly prepared for careers in health science-related disciplines who will contribute to the delivery of optimal health care.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CHS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding $1 million/project ($5 million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach college-level courses in the field of physical therapy including Biomechanics and Kinesiology, physio-therapeutic modalities and evidence based practice in physical therapy.
- Familiar with Educational technologies used in higher education sector and/ or Clinical sites
- Collaborate with a variety of professionals within the university setting or clinical settings
- Present a positive and professional attitude when dealing with students,clinical staff, patients, and local community and the national professional community
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University levels
- Contribute to the research profile of College through securing research grants and authoring peer-reviewed publications
- Serve as student advisor
- Engage in service to the community at large and professional organizations
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
- Ph.D. in the Relevant disciplinary area of Physical Therapy
- Strong peer reviewed publication record
- Teaching experience at tertiary level
- Familiar with Educational technologies used in higher education sector
- Willingness to work with teams
- Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephone contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where coursework was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of the certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private healthcare and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
Please apply through the website.