Support Services Officer in TELT Platform
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of the DVC(E) is a large portfolio covering a wide range of activities supporting the student experience, the needs of academic staff and international operations. The Division is made up of the following departments: Library, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Education) and Shared Student Services
Within the DVC(E), the PVC(E) Portfolio provides leadership in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives in learning and teaching through the enhancement of approaches to curriculum design and delivery, the effective use of online technologies, the design and management of effective learning environments for students and the development and renewal of academic policies and quality assurance processes. The Portfolio works collaboratively with the faculties, schools and divisions to implement the 2025 Strategic Plan and drive enhancements to the student experience, educational and career outcomes.
The Educational Technology Services Team forms part of the Educational Delivery Services within the PVC(E)’s portfolio and is responsible for managing and supporting UNSW systems, applications and services used by staff and students to prosecute their teaching or learning, the middleware systems and integrations used to facilitate the interconnectivity of these systems, applications and services, and the broader Learning & Teaching IT systems that may not be directly used by students, but are used to manage elements of learning and teaching, such as curricula, syllabi, learning outcomes and learning objects (i.e. the UNSW Technology Enabled Learning and Teaching platform/ TELT platform).
About the role
- Salary Level 6: starting at $81,199 (plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading)
- Salary Level 7: starting at $89,063 (plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading)
- Full time, fixed term for 3 years
The TELT (Technology Enabled Learning and Teaching) Support Services Officer is responsible for contributing to and supporting the development, implementation and ongoing review of the services and support necessary to enable staff and students to access and use the University’s Technology Enabled Learning and Teaching (TELT) Platform and associated applications to enhance and enable teaching and learning.
The successful candidate should possess:
- University degree in a relevant field or an equivalent level of knowledge and experience gained through a combination of education and training.
- Current technical knowledge and operational understanding web design and media development tools and environments to develop e-learning resources, including Web 2.0 technologies, web scripting, visual and graphic design tools and screen capture tools, as well as excellent computing skills in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and reviewing e-learning content and blended learning solutions for training material and web-based resources to support end-users of educational technologies and applications.
Applicants should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Applications where the selection criteria have not been comprehensively addressed will not be accepted. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
For further information about the position, please contact Karsten Sommer, PVC Education Portfolio on telephone (+61 2) 9385 2842 or email
Applications close: 6 August 2017