MACQUARIE IS THE UNIVERSITY OF PIONEERING MINDS
Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie University is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie University you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
Macquarie University International College offers pathway programs which allow students to articulate into an undergraduate degree at the University. Students who successfully complete a Standard Foundation Program or an Intensive Program may articulate into the first year of an undergraduate degree while students who complete one of four Diploma Programs (Accounting, Commerce and Business Administration; Engineering; IT; or Media and Communication) may articulate into the second year of an undergraduate degree.
The College offers an innovative delivery model contained within a 6-week teaching Term and 7 teaching Terms in the calendar year. Students undertake two units in a Term.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Macquarie University, Macquarie University International College as a full-time teaching staff member on a one year fixed-term contract.
Expressions of interest are currently invited from appropriately qualified and professionally experienced teaching staff with expertise in Information Technology plus at least one of the following disciplines: Biology, Chemistry, Accounting or Economics.
The appointed candidate will primarily teach on the Foundation Information Technology unit (WFIT001) and other units within their area of expertise. Descriptions of College units may be found in the Handbook. For further information on the role and associated conditions please click here.
Applicants will ideally possess the following:
- Sound understanding of Information Technology, plus expertise in other field of studies from the following list: Chemistry, Biology, Economics or Accounting, as demonstrated by qualifications, and/or professional competency and teaching experience;
- Teaching experience in a range of Australian contexts including pathway programs and tertiary settings;
- At least 2 years full time equivalent experience teaching students from a range of non-English speaking backgrounds;
- Demonstrated experience in writing and administration of assessments, results collation and participation in assessment quality control processes (such as participation in moderation, standardisation, validation, cross marking, peer marking, etc.);
- Experience in development and improvement of curricula;
- Experience in the use of online learning management system(s) and demonstrated integration of a range of learning technologies or incorporation of blended learning approaches into a course or curriculum;
- Experience in administration of a unit or program as a subject lead, convenor or similar, which encompasses provision of guidance to and collaboration with other teaching and administrative staff;
- Proficient MS Office skills and demonstrated experience completing administrative tasks in an academic environment.
SUBMITTING YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
You will need to submit:
- A current CV
- A Cover Letter which:
- Directly addresses each of the above selection criteria
- Lists all College Units you are qualified to teach and have experience teaching.
- States the date you will be available to commence in the role (early September 2017 commencement preferred)
- Stipulates any times or periods when you would not be available to work.
- Outlines any other work engagements you intend to maintain if employed by the College (Staff appointed on a full-time basis must obtain the University’s written consent prior to being engaged in any activity for any person or entity other than the College).
- Two (2) recent teaching evaluations such as a learner evaluation of a unit or teaching or teaching observation report from a previous supervisor. Reference letters that are not based on classroom observation are not acceptable.
Only applications that follow the instructions above and directly address selection criteria will be considered.
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Full-time, 12 month fixed-term
ENQUIRIES: Eugene Quah, Program Manager, Foundation Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
SALARY: Full-time salary range from $66,098 to $93,084 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 23rd July 2017 at 11:55pm.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.