Learner Support Coach - London
Learner Support Coach
Location: London (office presence required min. of 2-3 days per week)
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP University is the UK’s only university solely dedicated to business and the professions. We are dedicated to preparing students for a professional career and our programmes are designed in partnership with employers and respected professionals in the fields of law, business, finance and health.
BPP University Business School provides a range of carefully selected programmes with a professional focus to get our students on track for their business career. Our links with leading businesses help us to design and deliver highly relevant programmes, tailored to meet the needs of today’s business climate.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for ensuring high quality consistent support, guidance and feedback for all apprentices enrolled on relevant Business School apprenticeship programmes.
This role is within the apprenticeship delivery team, working collaboratively across the programme portfolio and with key clients. The overall purpose of the role is to support each apprentice in engaging and progressing through their programme in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide an appropriate framework for the student journey
- Engagement with apprentice’s line managers to ensure appropriate support and study time in the work place.
- Delivering induction live sessions face to face and via webinar
- Ensuring monthly performance update on learner
- Working collaboratively with client services and on boarding teams as appropriate
- Providing feedback on work-based learning evidence
- Management and tracking of progression of all key programme elements
- Attending regular client calls to discuss apprentice progression
- Supporting client MI requirements
- Effective student communication via the VLE and other appropriate tools
- Act as first point of contact for learner queries
- Actively encourage students engagement with their programmes using resources available
- Provide support to students following assessments
- Review the programme ‘at risk’ register ensuring appropriate actions are taken and followed up on
- Provide academic and safeguarding support to students
- Ensure that accurate student records are maintained
- Contribute to the development of appropriate programme systems and processes
- Ideally educated to degree-level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience at using video/webinar conferencing systems
- Experience of working in an academic environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Good IT Skills (Excel, Word, Databases, conference/web software)
- Experience of negotiation and managing different stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, make decisions and apply flexible solutions
- High attention to detail
- Experience at producing and managing documentation
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task when necessary
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check
How to apply
For a full job description and details on how to apply, please click the apply button.
Close date: 28 July