Communications and Events Assistant
2 days left
- Full Time
Closing Date: 22 September 2017
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB81,000 to RMB129,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The post holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Faculty’s communication and events strategy. The post holder will provide advice and support on undergraduate and postgraduate recruitment issues to staff across the Faculty, including portfolio development using market intelligence. The post holder will manage the gathering and use of data to inform faculty strategy and contribute to decision-making concerning the faculty’s communication & marketing and recruitment plan. S/He will promote and raise awareness of Faculty of Business with key internal and external interest groups by organizing on-campus events and representing the Faculty off-campus.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Fluency in Mandarin and English;
- Web design and development expertise;
- Skills in developing written/printed promotional materials;
- The ability to develop communication programmes targeted at different users;
- Excellent time, project management, negotiation and communication skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good planning and resource management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks;
- The ability to anticipate and resolve problems in a constructive and timely way;
- Proven track record of successful event management;
- Experience of working across departmental boundaries to ensure collaborative and coordinated approach;
- Experience of working in a large complex, devolved organization;
- Experience of working with tight and multiple deadlines;
- Experience of using social media and other software relevant for marketing and recruitment activities.
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree from an international university;
- A qualification in Marketing and Communications or Events Management;
- Knowledge of academic culture;
- Experience of working in an international organization;
- Experience of international conference organization;
- Working experience in Higher Education.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and communications:
- Take a lead role in developing and implementing the faculty’s marketing and communications strategy to support the faculty’s strategic objectives with emphasis on developing the use of web, e-marketing and social media aligned with the university’s strategies;
- Undertake market analysis, including the observation of trends in applications, conversion and competitor activity;
- Design various kinds of recruitment, marketing or promotional materials including posters and brochures for the faculty programmes;
- Develop a network of relevant marketing contacts within and outside the university and use this network to inform the development of faculty activity;
- Work with other units at UNNC (in particular the Marketing and Communications, Admissions and Career Development Office and Global Engagement Office) to ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach to effectively promoting Faculty activities within and outside the University;
- Ensure all programmes information on the faculty website is accurate and regularly updated;
- Inform the central Communications and Marketing Team any news-worthy information about the Faculty as early as possible;
- Write up draft news releases in consultation with Communications and Marketing Team and coordinate media interviews within the Faculty;
- Develop and maintain network of FOB alumni;
- Keep track of alumni contacts and organize alumni sharing sessions regularly.
- Devise and implement recruitment activities for Faculty student recruitment under the guidance of Faculty Manager and team leader;
- Develop and organize a range of faculty-level events by liaising with departmental staff and relevant colleagues;
- Work on University-wide recruitment events, such as the Visit Days, by liaising with departmental staff and relevant departments/Offices;
- Update the faculty’s information on website/social media for student recruitment;
- Answer enquires to potential applicants about the full range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered at FOB.
Faculty Support and other responsibilities:
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Office to ensure that institutional guidelines are followed;
- Work with colleagues in the Faculty Office to provide an effective, efficient and friendly support service to the Faculty and the wider University community, including suggesting ways in which this service might be enhanced or improved;
- Provide trainings to Campus ambassadors where necessary;
- Support the preparation of documents for the applications and setup of new programmes;
- Help on faculty seminars, symposium, workshops, conferences, summer schools or other faculty programmes if needed;
- Undertake professional development, including annual performance and development review, and any other duties required by the Faculty Manager or the Dean of Faculty as appropriate;
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to email@example.com