Capability and Learning Lead
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
About the role
- Newly created
- $115,709 – $122,780 plus 17% super
- Full time (35 hours per week)
The Capability and Development Team are responsible for creating a world class learning and leadership function. The team are responsible for working across the university to develop the frameworks, tools and programs to ensure all staff are equipped with the broader capabilities to deliver the 2025 Strategy.
As the Capability and Learning Lead you will be reporting through to the Head of Capability and Development. It is an exciting time to join us and design the learning and development agenda for UNSW. This role is key to defining capability requirements of the University that will deliver performance outcomes.
- Provide thought leadership on driving results through capability development and provide innovative learning approaches that leverage technology
- Gain input and commitment from stakeholders to develop and implement learning and development initiatives which will enable the transformational change in the skill, knowledge and capability of UNSW staff
- Work innovatively with external and internal partners to develop appropriate training aligned to the overall capability requirements of UNSW. Manage the design, development and delivery of a range of learning solutions including eLearning, blended learning and other approaches.
- Strong subject matter expertise in developing innovative and blended learning solutions, including eLearning
- Experience in developing content and/or managing third party specialists to develop content
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design methodologies
- A passionate, engaging and energetic leader who has outstanding management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to influence senior management and stakeholders
- Ability to apply sound decision making skills and generate new ideas.
This is an exciting time to join UNSW and be a pivotal part of a team that shapes the learning and development and capability of our people. Your relationship building and organisational skills coupled with your strong attention to detail will support and complement a HR Function which is driving change.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria). Please note all documentation must be in pdf format.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 2397
Please note there is no formal closing date for these opportunities. We encourage expressions of interest/applications as soon as practicable; potential start dates are negotiable for successful candidates.