Facility Business Manager
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Australian National Fabrication Facility (ANFF) spans across eight Nodes located around Australia. ANFF provides Australian researchers from both the public and private sectors with access to specialised nano- and micro-fabrication equipment and services.
About the role
An opportunity exists to be an integral part of a major national research facility as Facility Business Manager at the University of New South Wales Node. The Facility Business Manager will work closely with the ANFF-NSW Node Director to develop strategic plans, policies and procedures for the Node’s operation and evolution that comply with UNSW policies and procedures and align with core principles of the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS).
The Facility Business Manager will provide guidance and support to the Node’s Process Engineering team, Technical team and Operations team (via line management of the team leaders), ensuring that work priorities address the milestones and key performance indicators defined in Project Plans and/or Annual Business Plans. The Facility Business Manager will also be responsible for managing funding grants, including budget management and the fulfillment of reporting obligations to funding bodies; and will play a central role in providing a safe workplace and overseeing the implementation of UNSW WHS policies and procedures.
- $145K per annum negotiable plus up to 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term Contract for 2 years, with excellent prospects for renewal depending on funding
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- experience in a high level management role in a large, advanced technical facility, with a comprehensive technical understanding of semiconductor device processing
- exceptional leadership and interpersonal abilities with advanced strategic, operational and project management skills
- a PhD in a relevant field of engineering or science, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through education, training or experience
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Professor Andrew Dzurak, ANFF-NSW Director
T: (61 2) 9385 9871
We encourage expressions of interest/applications as soon as practicable; potential start dates are negotiable for successful candidates.
Applications close: 16 July 2017