Payroll and Data Officer
Closing Date: 23 July 2017
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB 136,000 to RMB 193,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The Payroll and data officer will be responsible for payroll and data related work at UNNC, processing payroll and other types of compensation, managing income tax, social insurances, public housing fund and relevant records and reports.
- University degree in HR, Business, Management, Finance or other related discipline;
- Good command of both English and Chinese;
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office) and in depth knowledge of data processing and analysis;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills;
- A high degree of self-motivation;
- Relevant work experience in Payroll and Data function;
- Knowledge of labour law and taxation law;
- Knowledge and experience of using system to process payroll and tax;
- Ability to prioritise workload and work towards tight deadlines;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Accurate and attentive to detail;
- Highly organised and methodical;
- Responsible and trustworthy;
- Service minded;
- Quick learner and self-starter.
- A desire to work in Higher Education sector;
- Strong interest in Payroll and data area.
- Overseas study experience;
- Master degree in HR, Business, Management, Finance or other related discipline;
- Strong Negotiation Skills;
- Experience of working in an international setting;
- Knowledge and experience of using HRM system, e.g. PeopleSoft.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Payroll and Data Team to deliver high quality services;
- Process and administer the payment of salary and other types of compensation;
- Work closely with other HR teams for payroll related information;
- Ensure the data in the payroll system is accurate, and undertake the reconciliation of the payrolls;
- Responsible for income tax related matters and ensure all statutory reporting is completed to the highest standards within legislated deadlines;
- Responsible for the issue of payslips, salary/tax statement letters, tax invoices, and etc.;
- Provide professional advice and service to staff on payroll related issues, e.g. compensation, income tax, social insurances, public housing fund, and etc.;
- Manage all social insurances and public housing fund related matters in compliance with government regulations;
- Conduct data analysis, prepare and maintain various payroll and HR related records and reports;
- Review, develop and implement payroll and HR data/file related policies and procedures;
- Manage and maintain absence & OT record, HR data, files, archives, and etc.;
- Keep up to date knowledge of relevant government laws, regulations and policies;
- Provide support to the implementation and maintenance of HRMS;
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR strategy and projects;
- Support other HR teams where necessary;
- Participate in training and staff development events as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here) http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to email@example.com