Business and Research Support Team Leader, IT Services
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of Business and Research Support Team to support various business systems in a complex and higher education environment. Essential is the ability to manage the use and ongoing development of the University’s business systems, support business change, manage the training and support for academic and administrative staff, and lead the Business and Research Support Team to ensure that IT Services is developed in alignment with relevant strategic plans.
- Bachelor or above in Computer Science or information technology, related discipline;
- Candidates MUST have a good grasp of English, have excellent interpersonal skills, and are passionate about improving the IT landscape and consolidating across the University;
- Proven ability to understand and interpret Business and Administrative processes;
- A good grasp of IT techniques and principles to liaise knowledgeable with academic, professional and technical staff;
- Ability to manage changing priorities/multiple business requirements at any one time;
- Excellent integrative thinking to draw links between multiple problems and options and develop cohesive solutions;
- Ability to influence, persuade and effectively communicate at all levels of the university;
- Exceptional verbal & communication skills;
- Demonstrable business requirements analysis skills;
- Experience of managing and developing corporate applications;
- 3+ years of relevant management experience in IT management;
- Demonstrable experience of managing the project life cycle for software implementation, upgrade and integration;
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries;
- Experience of dealing with complex and specialist technical issues;
- Committed positive and proactive approach to customer care;
- Willingness to work flexibly and to provide some out of hours support;
- Ability to work under own initiative and as a member of a team;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students, with a positive approach to customer care;
- Must be able and prepared to work under pressure.
- Master degree;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and awareness of the culture of HEIs;
- Support and management of a hybrid cloud application;
- Be creative and talk about a wide variety of complex issues;
- Relevant certifications (e.g. ITIL);
- Experience of working in a large Higher Education establishment ;
- Experience with Oracle People Soft or other ERP systems is a plus;
- Experience of successfully influencing and negotiating with senior leaders and large and small suppliers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and day to day management for Business and Research Support Team within IT Service;
- Supervise and support the development of team members;
- Ensure the work of the team is carried out and performed to the highest standard, taking corrective action as required;
- Manage Business and Research Support Team to provide support of all business/research applications, systems and project, including Finance, HR, Assets, Procurement, Research Intelligent System etc;
- Provide training for Staff and students of using business and research applications and systems;
- Be responsible for the further development and customization for the existing system and application, highlight any discrepancies or improvements that might be made to existing services or documentation;
- Suggest new / changes to services in response to customer feedback;
- Work with other IT teams, agree Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and implement good practical process to ensure consistent, quality service delivery;
- Communicate and liaise with academic, administration unites and third party suppliers, to provide advice and support for customers wanting to use both computing system and applications;
- Work as project member for the development of business system and research programme, and responsible for the service transition and ongoing support;
- Contribute as a member of the IT service management team to the overall direction and alignment of the IT strategy. Continue to “fill the gaps” in terms of support of Strategic initiatives;
- Develop own skills and professional capability in line with the needs of the service;
- Some out of hours on-call support will be required;
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here);
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org