Lecturer in Management
Faculty / School / Unit
UTS Business School Programs (Shanghai)
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
SHU-UTS SILC Business School (SILC) is a Joint Venture between the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia and Shanghai University, China. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of an established and successful program. Building on the success of a pathway Diploma of Business, the BBus (Shanghai) was introduced in 2002 and now has over 2,400 students enrolled across the 4-year program.
Further growth is on the horizon with postgraduate programs approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education. UTS Business School is building its faculty and research capacity in Shanghai and this is an opportunity for highly motivated lecturer to be involved in this exciting growth.
Applications are invited for a Lecturer based in Shanghai at SHU-UTS SILC Business (SILC). The Lecturer is responsible for contributing to the UTS Business School’s undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, research and postgraduate supervision, as well as establishing links with relevant industries, both for teaching and research purposes. There will also be an opportunity to assist in curriculum development and subject co-ordination. This position will be required to teach management subject areas.
This role reports to Director, UTS Business School Programs (Shanghai).
The primary responsibilities include:
- Teaching in the undergraduate and any new postgraduate programs as assigned and assisting in the preparation of the learning environment for the assigned subjects
- Assisting in curriculum development and contributing to the overall development of teaching and learning
- Developing a research agenda and undertaking projects either individually or as a member of a team
- Assisting the Director, UTS Business School Programs (Shanghai) in developing the research culture at SILC
- Fostering, promoting and developing links with industry, government, academic and professional bodies, with particular focus on China
- Contributing to the standing of the University in the professional and broader community.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- The ability to work with people in a collegial and collaborative team-work environment
- The ability to build rapport with students and members of the community
- Experience in fostering strong links with industry
- A Doctorate in management or related field complemented by industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed tertiary research in high ranking journals (ABDC A or A* rank category) and a strong teaching record
- Proven track record in developing innovative teaching methods.
Salary & Benefits: A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered at a level up to the equivalent to the UTS Lecturer at level B dependant on experience.
This appointment will be on a 3 year fixed-term basis.
The successful applicant will be required to spend one month per calendar year in Sydney.
How to Apply
Please note: Our site is optimised for Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 45 and Safari 9.1. Earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times. Other browsers may offer unexpected results
Prior to commencing your application for IRC96761, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Answering Selection Criteria
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC96761.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to Elspeth McAinsh at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Please note that this role has been readvertised under IRC83640 and that previous applicants need not apply.
Closing Date: Monday 31st July 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.