Project Officer in Research Finance
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW has developed an exciting ten-year strategic plan focused on Academic Excellence, Social Engagement and Global Impact that aims to see it ranked in the Top 50 universities in the world by 2025.
The University is currently in an exciting phase of transformation and change. Finance is a significant function dedicated to continuing to build a high performance culture whilst delivering excellent finance support.
About the role:
- Attractive Remuneration
- Full time Continuing Role
- Be part of a major transformation across the University
The Project Officer, Research Finance provides a range of high level administrative, secretarial and office management services to the Director, Research Finance to support the achievement of Research Finance and all of Finance, including the University’s strategic and operational objectives.
Acts as the Director’s point of contact, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders and preparing, managing and reviewing communications and correspondences, responding when appropriate and escalating complex queries, to ensure communication with stakeholders is timely and aligned with best-practice customer expectations
Develops and oversees the implementation and evaluation of administrative practices, systems and processes to optimise efficiency, and support the achievement of quality outcomes for Research Finance
Contributes to projects as directed, to support the achievement of Research Finance’s strategic and operational objectives
About the successful applicant:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Current experience in a similar role
- Advanced administrative IT literacy comprising experience with a range of relevant programs (e.g. MS Office)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as a member of a team as well as work independently under broad direction
- Demonstrated experience in a client focussed workplace coupled with strong communication, interpersonal, and stakeholder management skills to inform and work professionally with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in a high volume environment
- High level of initiative and process thinking to ensure continuous improvement of processes
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Please apply on-line by submitting your resume with a cover letter systematically addressing the selection criteria listed in the position description. Applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Name: Jo-Anne Tee, Director, Research Finance
Applications close: 30 June 2017