Lecturer in Chemistry
SALARY RANGE: $90,779 to $107,553 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lecturer in Chemistry teaches, undertakes research and publishes in an area of chemistry corresponding to their expertise.
This will include:
- Promoting the School and maintaining links and partnerships with relevant academic, industry and professional communities
- Making an independent contribution to the School’s teaching, research, and program development
- Demonstrating excellent scholarly learning and teaching at the undergraduate level (including for example in the cloud and in clinical settings)
- Making a contribution to the implementation of the University’s Strategic Agenda
- PhD in a relevant field of chemistry
- Clear evidence of potential to contribute effectively to the Faculty’s undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn
- Proven research activity in chemistry relevant to the research directions of the School, including a sound record in publishing in highly ranked academic journals
- Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations and with domestic educational institutions (and industry)
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Chris Austin, telephone
+61 3 9246 8383 (extension 95787), email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 20 July 2017. Interviews due to be held in August 2017.
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.