Research Scientist, Evans Center for Implementation and Improvement Science, School of Medicine
Description of the Center: The Evans Center for Implementation and Improvement Sciences (CIIS) is a methodological hub for the scientific evaluation of efforts to improve healthcare delivery that integrates key components of implementation and improvement sciences with a focus on care within safety net systems.
Specific objectives of CIIS are to:
- Guide, support, and innovate design of projects that rigorously evaluate the effectiveness of efforts to implement healthcare system change.
- Identify factors and strategies that accelerate the adoption and promote sustainability of effective healthcare interventions in safety net systems.
- Educate faculty and trainees in Implementation and Improvement Sciences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Research Scientist:
Work in collaboration with the Center Co-Directors to:
- Innovate methods of implementation and improvement sciences through real-world research projects in a ‘safety net’ healthcare setting
- Apply rigorous implementation and improvement science methods to efforts to change healthcare delivery
- Lead and participate in manuscripts for publication in academic journals on implementation and improvement science projects
- Provide consultations about implementation and improvement sciences and partner on research projects, including conducting quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis
- Educate the local academic community on implementation and improvement sciences through seminars
- Continuously expand expertise in methods of implementation and improvement sciences with regular literature reviews
Minimum Suggested Qualifications:
- Possess a doctoral degree in a field relevant to implementation or improvement science: Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, Education, Economics/Policy, and Statistics.
- Evidence of scholarly publications and research
- Experience with research design and evaluation, particularly implementation and improvement science research
- Experienced in qualitative and/or quantitative research (eg., SAS, R, Nvivo)
- Research communication skills
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Mari-Lynn Drainoni at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States