Deputy Team Leader, Australia Awards South and West Asia
Australian Aid Remuneration Framework – Level C3 Scope Global –People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and international education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities.
Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Government offering the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development. At the regional and country level, the Awards support the achievement of development, relationship and public diplomacy objectives in line with Australia’s national interest.
Through Australia Awards South and West Asia, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) provides opportunities for eligible nationals of participating countries to undertake study in Australia in priority sectors agreed with Partner Governments. Scope Global has been contracted to support DFAT in South and West Asia in managing the administrative and logistical aspects of the Program.
Participating countries are: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. In each of these countries other than Afghanistan, Scope Global operates an Australia Awards country office under the leadership of a locally-engaged Country Program Manager (CPM). The offices are supported by a distributed Hub, with Hub staff being based in Colombo, Adelaide and Dhaka.
An opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Team Leader to join the Scope Team. The position will be based in the Regional Hub office(Colombo, Sri Lanka). The role reports to the Team Leader, Australia Awards South and West Asia and is responsible forproviding leadership to and coordination of the following functions –(i) Australia Awards Scholarships management, reintegration planning, and alumni engagement; and (ii) leading and coordinating a range of Program support functions. The position also provides strategic support to the Team Leader through key inputs to planning and reporting processes and documentation. For further detail, please download the Terms of Reference for this position, available on our website www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Postgraduate qualifications in education, business management or another field relevant to the Terms of Reference
- Demonstrated high level leadership on a DFAT-funded aid program
- Strong understanding of the Australian tertiary education sector
- Demonstrated performance in a range of operational functions in an international environment, including finance, administration, procurement and human resources management
- Track record of success in the development of policy, systems and processes
- Strong understanding of the application of IT systems to business processes
- Demonstrated capacity to work to tight deadlines with competing demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated capacity to work sensitively in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to adapt and respond to rapidly changing circumstances
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to edit reports prepared by others
If your skills and experience match the criteria and you are seeking a new challenge in a supportive and motivational environment, please apply online at www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities. You will need to upload your covering letter, CV, and address each of the selected essential criteria(100-200 words per criteria) through our online portal by 9.00am Tuesday 11th July 2017. All enquiries can be directed to Sarah Treadgold, Program Manager Australia Awards South and West Asia via telephone +61 8 7120 8430.Please note that, to be eligible for consideration, you must apply directly through the Scope website using the above link.
For more information about Scope Global, please visit our website www.scopeglobal.com
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will need to comply with our Corporate Policies including Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and undergo a National Police Clearance.