Forrest Post Doctoral Research Fellow
Become a world-leading researcher in your field with a Forrest Fellowship.
2018 Forrest Fellowship applications are now open until 30 June 2017.
APPLY NOW or find out more here.
Have a question? Get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org and +61 8 6488 5598
The Forrest Research Foundation awards lucrative fellowships to outstanding early career researchers to undertake high quality research across any discipline at one of the following Western Australian universities:
- The University of Western Australia
- Curtin University
- Murdoch University
- The University of Notre Dame
- Edith Cowan University
Applicants must be in their final year of PhD or no more than two (2) years post PhD conferral.
Applicants must meet the employment eligibility conditions at the nominated university.
The successful applicant will commence in 2018.
Forrest Fellows are selected based on the following selection criteria:
- outstanding academic achievements;
- exceptional ability, resourcefulness and originality;
- the potential to make a positive difference in the world through research;
- their ability and commitment to mentoring and leadership within the Forrest Research Foundation Community (including Forrest Scholars and at Forrest Hall); and
- a demonstration of how the award of a Forrest Scholarship would help build world class innovation and research capacity in Western Australia.
The successful Forrest Fellow will receive the following from the Forrest Research Foundation:
- Salary consistent with Level A Step 8 (for example The University of Western Australia Salary Scales approximately $91,000 in salary plus 17% superannuation);
- An accommodation allowance of $18,980 per annum in 2018 (subject to marginal tax rate);
- A once off relocation and research travel allowance of $13,000.
Appointments at Level B will be considered if supported by the employing university.
Forrest Fellows will provide up to one (1) day per week to advance the general mission of the Forrest Research Foundation including provision of mentoring, ambassadorial and leadership to Forrest Scholars, Forrest Hall and the Forrest Research Foundation.
Forrest Fellows will reside in Forrest Hall.
Outstanding early career researchers from all disciplines can apply for the Forrest Fellowship.
Head to the Forrest Research Foundation website. Applications close 30 June 2017.
How to Apply for this job
All applications must be submitted through the Forrest Research Foundation website. Head to www.forrestresearch.org.au to apply now. Applications close 30 June 2017.
About the Forrest Research Foundation
The Forrest Research Foundation is a world class centre for research and innovation offering prestigious Forrest Scholarships to brilliant domestic and international students to undertake high quality post graudate research at any Western Australian university. The Foundation is made possible in collaboration between the five Western Australian universities and the Minderoo Foundation.