PhD Position within Clinical Pharmacy Practice
A PhD Research Fellow with experience in clinical pharmacy practice is requested for being engaged in the documentation and further development of the Integrated Medicines Management (IMM)- model for clinical pharmacy practice. The model is almost completely incorporated in hospitals in Central Norway and more than 40 pharmacist are involved in the patient care. The aim of the project is to document the improvement of the activities in the model and also to further develop the impact of the model for patient care. This include a secured and correct medication list in care transitions and activities to improve patient adherence to prescribed evidence based pharmacotherapy. We seek a talented, enthusiastic and creative scientist with a strong commitment to research.
The period of employment for the position as a PhD Research Fellow is 3 years full time. The position can be combined with other positions for example at the hospital pharmacy. The position has the objective of qualifying for higher academic positions. Admission to a doctoral degree program is a requirement for employment as a PhD candidate. For regulations concerning the PhD-degree at NTNU, please see: http://www.ntnu.no/studieavd/dok/PhD_regulations.pdf
Requirements of the applicant:
- A master’s degree or an equivalent education within pharmacy.
- A strong academic record with a weighted average grade of master’s or equivalent education with a grade of B or higher, in accordance with NTNU’s grading system.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
Emphasis will also be placed on:
- A background as clinical pharmacist.
- Experience with the IMM or similar models.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Shown interest in research
- Ability to work independently
The position offers a work with challenging and varied tasks in a versatile and pleasant environment that is characterized by active, committed and skilled employees.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. If necessary, we will adapt the workplace for people with disabilities. Increasing the number of women in academic positions is an important priority for the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, PhD Candidates (in code 1017) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 436 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 436 500 - 499 200 of which 2% is dedicted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The appointment will be made in accordance with current regulations and supplementary rules with guidelines for employment as PhD Candidate appointments at universities and university colleges.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via tewww.jobbnorge.no. The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicants’ CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and references) and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas.
- Short statement on the applicant’s personal qualifications and motivation for the position.
- Short statement from a former supervisor/tutor/teacher.
- Contact information for two references.
- Other relevant attachments.
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
Deadline for applications: August 15, 2017.
Chosen applicants will be invited to undergo an interview.
For further information about the position, please contact Professor Tommy Eriksson, telephone: +46 725782210, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information concerning the application process, please contact the HR Executive Officer Mariann Hansen: email@example.com
Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Jobbnorge ID
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!