International Communications and Marketing Assistant - Communications and Marketing Office
Closing Date: 11 May 2017
Salary & Benefits: RMB81,000 to RMB129,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The post holder supports the International Communications and Marketing Manager to deliver professional and responsive service throughout the University with the objective of building the University’s global reputation.
- Educated to degree level and/or in possession of a professional qualification in print, new media or broadcast journalism with proven experience in a relevant area;
- English and Chinese language writing and research skills;
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), negotiation and presentation skills, including an ability to express complex ideas simply in a range of formats — print and online;
- Evidence of strongly developed people skills, with an ability to deal with a wide range of people within a complex organisation, securing agreement and a sense of common purpose;
- Excellent networking skills and ability to make influential contacts;
- The ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Understanding of the changing media environment and ability to develop and implement strategies to take advantage of changing trends.
- Understanding of the importance of communication for the delivery of corporate objectives, and evidence of ability to translate this into action with positive outcomes;
- Academic study/work-based knowledge of regions other than Asia;
- Professional photography/filming skills;
- Digital Image editing skills;
- Skills in desktop publishing and/or web-based communications;
- Demonstrable experience in a professional news environment or in an established media and public relations agency working regularly with journalists;
- Experience of reporting, or working within, international Higher Education or research fields;
- Experience of delivering in-house publications and/or web based news.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and draft accurate and compelling media releases and articles in English on every aspect of University life and work;
- Use the University’s Content Management System to update news on the University’s homepage/news web-pages and oversee the use of other online resources to disseminate news to a wide audience;
- To prepare briefings for University representatives ahead of media engagements and, where necessary, meetings with other key opinion formers, including public representatives;
- Use current and emerging international social media channels to maximise the impact of PR activity;
- Help develop and implement campaigns for electronic direct marketing, pay-per-click, social media, etc.;
- Provide compelling content for team publications;
- Coordinate content and support design and production of brochures, advertising materials, e-newsletters, presentations, etc. targeting prospective students or other external audiences;
- Organise photography and video projects for the University;
- Participate in training and staff development events as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
1. UNNC Application Form (please download from here);
2. Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org