- Coordinate, process and track placement requests for students
- Part-time 0.8 Continuing position, Bendigo location
- $63,424 - $71,423 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The College of Science, Health and Engineering comprises 9 Schools and 16 Departments across La Trobe’s multi-campus operations. The College offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments.
About the role
You will work as an integral member of the Placements Operations team, who coordinate professional experience opportunities across the College. The main function of this role is to coordinate, process and track placement requests to allocate students and liaise with various stakeholders. You will act as the main contact point for students, staff and placement agencies to assist with enquiries and provide support and guidance with this process. You will also provide a range of administrative functions such as word processing, drafting routine correspondence, organise meetings and maintain relevant University data bases and systems.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a degree with subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently, prioritise tasks and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to provide high quality customer service.
- High level of proficiency in computer software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-functional team and contribute positively to an effective team environment.
- Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 7 May 2017 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Martine Davis, Coordinator – Placement Operations, +61 3 9479 5865.
Position Descriptions below:
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.